Michaël Grailet regularly organises classical music and jazz concerts in Visé.
Michaël Grailet has a passion for music and likes to share it by organising concerts with renowned pianists, but also with young regional artists. Michaël Grailet likes to support these artists by allowing them to play in professional conditions. Visit this page regularly or send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to keep informed.
Michaël Grailet organises every year in February a piano contest aimed at the students aged less than 18 years from the academies of music in the Province de Liège.
Michaël Grailet idea’s behind this contest is to allow young pianists from the surroundings to perform in professional conditions, to meet each other and to have constructive opinions about their performances, all this in a relaxed atmosphere, without any pressure. The winners, as well as their academies, receive gifts : servicing of the piano, one day in a recording studio and an upright piano.
In 2013, the judging panel was made up of Fabian Jardon (pianist and teacher at IMEP), Brigitte Foccroulle (pianist and teacher at the Liège Royal Conservatory of Music), Patrick Baton (conductor and teacher at the Liège Royal Conservatory of Music), Danielle et Guy Daron (concerts organisers) and Jean-Philippe Collard-Neven (pianist and composer).
The first laureates won prizes for their academies, including an upright piano (worth 6,000EUR) and could perform a concert sponsored by Fabian Jardon at the Chapelle de Monty in Charneux),a wonderful place where artists perform.
2016 Piano Contest Rule
- The Visé piano contest is exclusively aimed at the students enrolled in an academy of music for piano lessons in Academies of music subsidised and authorized by the Wallonia-Brussels Federation and Academies subsidised by municipalities of the Province de Liège, of all nationalities, and in the age limits described below.
- The 2015 Visé piano contest is not allowed :
*to students following (or who followed) lessons at the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel
*to students following private lessons only
*to students enrolled in Conservatories
- The contest takes place on Sunday 1st February 2015 (a qualifying round could be organised on Saturday 30th January 2015, depending on the numbers of participants) at the Notre-Dame du Mont Carmel Church in Devant-le-Pont (Visé).
- There are three categories :
first category : students born after 2nd February 2002
second category : students born after 2nd February 1999
third category : students born after 2nd February 1996
- The first prize of the third category is a Feurich upright piano 122, won by the Academy where the students is currently enrolled. The winner of this category’ll have the chance to perform during a concert exclusively organised for the winners of the contest.
- The first prize of the second category is a day in a recording studio, won by the Academy where the students is currently enrolled. The winner of this category’ll have the chance to perform during a concert exclusively organised for the winners of the contest.
- The first prize of the first category is a complete servicing of the piano (regulating, tining and harmonisation), won by the Academy where the students is currently enrolled. The winner of this category’ll have the chance to perform during a concert exclusively organised for the winners of the contest.
- Each candidate is free to choose his/her sheet music, but this has to belong to classical music in the borad sense. It’ll last max. 10 min. for the first category, max. 15 min. for the second category and max. 20 min. for the third one.
- The sheet music has to be played by the pianist alone and from memory.
- The winner of a category won’t be allowed to participate again in the same category.
- The judging panel can interrupt any perfomance.
- The judging panel is made up of renowned pianists and music teachers.
- The judging panel’s decisions are irrevocable.
- The registration fees are 40euros for the three categories and aren’t refundable, unless the contest is cancelled.
- A candidate is officially registered once the organisation has received the registration fees.
- The deadline registration date is 15th January 2015.
- The organisation can cancel the contest if the number of participants isn’t sufficient (canddates ‘ll be paid off)